Nimenrix™ is a conjugated meningococcal ACW135Y vaccine that can be used to help protect a broad age range of people against invasive meningococcal diseases caused by Neisseria meningitidis group A, C, W135 and Y.
The full indication for Nimenrix™ is active immunisation of individuals from the age of 6 weeks and above against invasive meningococcal diseases caused by Neisseria meningitidis group A, C, W135 and Y.
A conjugated meningococcal ACW135Y vaccine is recommended for the vaccination of adolescents as part of the Routine Immunisation schedule.
A conjugated meningococcal ACW135Y vaccine is also recommended for travellers to Saudi Arabia or Sub-Saharan Africa. See Nimenrix for Travel for more information.
For the licensed schedule, please see the Summary of Product Characteristics.
For the NHS schedule, please see, Meningococcal: The Green Book Chapter 22.
Packaging information 1
- Single pack: one vial and one pre-filled syringe of solvent
- Supplied with 1 inch (25 mm) 23 G blue and 1 inch (25 mm) 25 G orange needles
Prior to reconstitution:
- Store in a refrigerator (2°C to 8°C).
- Do not freeze.
- Store in the original package in order to protect from light.
- Use promptly.
- Although delay is not recommended, stability has been demonstrated for 8 hours at 30°C.
- If not used within 8 hours, do not administer the vaccine.
1. Pfizer Data On File , Nov 2016.