When they go, go with Nimenrix1,3
(Meningococcal group A, C, W-135 and Y conjugate vaccine)
To order Nimenix for travel and private vaccination services please contact the Pfizer Vaccines Team:
· Telephone: 0800 089 4033
· Email: [email protected]
Who might benefit from meningococcal ACW135Y vaccination?
Travellers to Saudi Arabia
All visitors to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for Hajj or Umrah (including seasonal workers) require proof of meningococcal ACW135Y vaccination for entry1
Travellers to Sub-Saharan Africa
Meningococcal ACW135Y vaccination is also recommended for visitors to the ‘meningitis belt’ of Sub-Saharan Africa.1,2,4
Countries at high epidemic risk of meningococcal meningitis: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo and Uganda.2
Meningococcal ACW135Y vaccination is recommended for visitors who are:4
- Likely to have close contact with the local population
- Planning a long-stay visit
- Visiting friends and relatives
- An aid or health worker
Why choose Nimenrix for meningococcal ACW135Y vaccination?
- Can be used to help protect a broad age-range of people travelling:
- Licensed to help protect those aged 6 weeks and above3
- Immunogenicity data available for the licensed age range, including in those aged >65 years3
- Tolerability profile investigated in those aged up to 103 years6
- Simple to vaccinate:
- One 0.5ml dose administered via intramuscular injection3
- Supplied with syringe and colour-coded needles3
- Certified Halal by Halal Food Council of Europe7
1. Travel Health Pro. Meningococcal Disease. http://travelhealthpro.org.uk/factsheet/42/meningococcal-disease Accessed October 2018.
2. World Health Organization. Meningococcal meningitis: fact sheet N°141. Available at: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs141/en/#. Accessed October 2018.
3. Nimenrix Summary of Product Characteristics. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/4118/smpc.
4. Travel Health Pro. Meningococcal Meningitis: Niger. Available at: http://travelhealthpro.org.uk/news/122/meningococcal-meningitis-niger. Accessed October 2018.
5. Africa Regions Finance and Private Sector Development Department (AFTFP). Sub Saharan Africa Tourism Industry Research. Available at: http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTAFRSUMAFTPS/Resources/2049902-1327.... Accessed October 2018.
6. Dbaibo G, et al. Immunogenicity and safety of a quadrivalent meningococcal serogroups A, C, W-135 and Y tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine (MenACWY-TT) administered to adults aged 56 years and older: results of an open-label, randomized, controlled trial. Drugs Aging 2013;30:309–319.
7. Pfizer Data on File, March 2016.